We are very fortunate that our parents bolster and support our teachers and our community through their generous donations to our PTA. We’re asking for your continued support this year with a contribution to our Rhino Fund—our direct donation campaign.
Did you know that the PTA spends at a minimum $85,000 per year to enrich the school experience for our children? Consider just some of what the $85,000 went to last year:
- Assemblies and field trips, such as the assemblies during Literacy Week and Earth Week ($1,600), our Artist-in-Residence program ($13,000), and the kindergarten field trip to the KID Museum ($2,000).
- Teacher stipends: We offered each of our teachers $350 to spend on important supplies and materials to enhance your child’s education ($9,600).
- Community events like our Back-to-School Picnic ($3,450). While some PTA events have small entry fees, these events are typically not fundraisers, and entry fees only cover minimal (and frequently not all) costs.
- - Second grade celebration: The PTA sponsored a yearbook for every second grader, a pizza party, and a field trip to their new school ($3,600).
- - School refurbishing, enhancements, and beautification: We paid for regular maintenance of our outdoor classroom (built by the PTA in 2015), and purchased our new water bottle filling stations, new classroom rugs, and more ($7,000).
In recent years, we’ve also purchased Chromebooks and Promethean boards for the school.
Rosemary Hills has more than 550 students, which means the PTA, on average, spends about $150 per child. Please consider giving this amount to support these important efforts, which benefit all our children. As you think about what you can give, take a minute to picture the joy on your child’s face as she crosses our Rhino Run finish line, or his excitement when he tells you about his field trip to North Chevy Chase or Chevy Chase Elementary School, courtesy of the PTA.
We hope you will send in a check to school (Attn: PTA Mailbox) or donate online with a credit card at http://rhpspta.org/pta-info/make-a-donation. If $150 per child is too much for your family, we certainly understand—we welcome donations of any size! And if your family can afford to give more, please do. We promise your donation will be put to good use. Thank you for your support of our great programs at Rosemary Hills.