The PTA at Rosemary Hills partners closely with the school’s administration and faculty to provide a nurturing and inspiring environment for our children. Parents can offer support by volunteering as well as through our fundraising program, The Rhino Fund.
How can you get involved?
Our PTA relies on the time and energy of dedicated volunteers to make every school year a great one. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Montgomery County Public Schools requires school volunteers and partnership agencies to complete certain compliance measures in order to volunteer within our school district. Beginning October 1, 2021, all school volunteers and partnering agencies will be required to complete an additional new module via their myMCPS Classroom/Canvas account called COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation.
- Online Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect Training via their myMCPS Classroom/Canvas account
- COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation – NEW!
Volunteers are required to upload their Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination to remain on the volunteer roster. Here is a User-Guide on how to access both module requirements and how to access and upload the Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination from the state Department of Health.
Sign up to volunteer at a one-time event, join or chair a committee, or even create a new one. We need you!
Donate to the PTA
- Donate to our annual Rhino Fund Campaign, used to support all students and teachers. Ask your employer to match your donation!
- Buy Rosemary Hills Spirit Wear.
- Choose Rosemary Hills Elementary School PTA as your charity on Amazon Smile.
- Cut or Scan Box Tops for Education.
- Register your Harris Teeter VIC card with our school account number: 6758
- Purchase Labels from Label Daddy at www.labeldaddy.com with code RHINO to label all of your student’s belongings.
Receive communication from the PTA
- MemberHub – join our online community for parents where you can communicate directly with your class, your whole grade, or the whole school! This will also serve as our online school directory.
- Facebook – join our private Facebook Group by searching Rosemary Hills Elementary PTA.
PTA in 2021
Through the generous contributions of families and local businesses, the PTA is able to contribute to greater student success, higher teacher morale, and more parent involvement at RHES. In 2021, we are planning to use PTA funds for:
- Outdoor Classroom – We had the outdoor classroom cleaned up and landscaped so there is space for outdoor learning and lunches.
- Teacher Stipends – We are providing each teacher $250 as a stipend to purchase learning materials for their classrooms and online learning.
- Fall Community Events – We are planning community events this Fall, such as the Back-to-School Picnic, the Rhino Run, and more.
- Academic Enhancements and Initiatives – We are planning for assemblies and other academic initiatives.
- Staff Appreciation – We are supporting our school staff with Staff Appreciation events throughout the year.
- Community Outreach and Service – We provide grocery gift cards to families in need in our school each year at Thanksgiving.
- Spring Community Events – We are hoping to be able to plan community events for the Spring such as Field Day, a Spring Picnic, an Auction Event and hopefully more!
- 2nd Grade Orientation and Promotion – We hope to continue the service of providing transportation for all 2nd graders to visit our two secondary elementary schools in the Spring, Chevy Chase Elementary and North Chevy Chase Elementary.
We are planning monthly informational meetings to provide parents with the most up to date information on new curriculums and other information throughout the year.