The PTA at Rosemary Hills partners closely with the school’s administration and faculty to provide a nurturing and inspiring environment for your children. Parents are able to offer support by volunteering at lunch and recess or in the classroom as well as through our fundraising program, The Rhino Fund.
How can you get involved?
Sign up to receive communication from the PTA
- MemberHub – join our new online community for parents where you can communicate directly with your class, your whole grade or the whole school! This will also serve as our online school directory.
- Facebook – join our private Facebook Group by searching Rosemary Hills Elementary PTA.
More ways to participate
- Sign up in MemberHub to be a room parent or a PTA volunteer
- Give to our Rhino Fund
- Purchase Rhino Spirit Wear
PTA in 2020
While some of our key PTA events may have to be postponed this year, one thing that can continue is our support of our wonderful Rosemary Hills teachers. Every year our school PTA is able to offer each teacher a grant for materials to support learning in the classroom and this will be more important than ever as teachers are adapting to new learning environments. As the year progresses, we hope to be able to hold some of our most popular events including school picnics, Movie Night and Multicultural Night.
In support of our virtual learning environment, these are the ways we are planning to use PTA funds in 2020:
- Teacher Stipends – We are providing each teacher $250 as a stipend to purchase learning materials for their classrooms and online learning.
- Distance Learning School Supply Bags – We are providing bags to hold school supplies that will be distributed to all students for distance learning.
- New Initiatives and Academic Enhancement – We are beginning research on a New Initiative plan to provide new shade structures to the playground and working with the school to plan for virtual assemblies and virtual field trips.
- Staff Appreciation – We are supporting our school staff with Staff Appreciation events throughout the year.
- Community Outreach – We provide grocery gifts cards to families in need in our school each year at Thanksgiving.
- Spring Community Events – We are hoping to be able to plan Community Events for the Spring such as Field Day, a Spring Picnic, the Rhino Run, an Auction Event and hopefully more!
- 2nd Grade Orientation and Promotion – We hope to continue the service of providing transportation for all 2nd graders to visit our two secondary elementary school in the Spring, Chevy Chase Elementary and North Chevy Chase Elementary.
- We are planning monthly informational meetings to provide parents with the most up to date information on new curriculums and other information throughout the year.
- We have partnered with a new online spirit wear company to provide access to Rosemary Hills spirit gear.