The PTA at Rosemary Hills partners closely with the school’s administration and faculty to provide a nurturing and inspiring environment for our children. Parents can offer support by volunteering their time and/or making a tax-deductible donation to the PTA. The PTA helps wherever/whenever needed to the best of our ability. But none of what we do would be possible without the generosity of our donors and sweat equity of our volunteers.
How can you get involved?
Our PTA relies on the time and energy of dedicated volunteers to make every school year a great one. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Montgomery County Public Schools requires school volunteers and partnership agencies to complete certain compliance measures in order to volunteer within our school district. Beginning October 1, 2021, all school volunteers and partnering agencies will be required to complete an additional new module via their myMCPS Classroom/Canvas account called COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation.
- Online Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect Training via their myMCPS Classroom/Canvas account
- COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation – NEW!
Volunteers are required to upload their Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination to remain on the volunteer roster. Here is a User-Guide on how to access both module requirements and how to access and upload the Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination from the state Department of Health.
Sign up to volunteer at a one-time event, join or chair a committee, or even create a new one. We need you!
Please note: We generally do not post volunteer opportunity sign-up links to our website, as it is an un-restricted public space.
Donate to the PTA
- Donate by clicking here OR through MemberHub. You can also send a check made out to the Rosemary Hills Elementary School PTA to the PTA mailbox at school: 2111 Porter Rd., Silver Spring, MD 20910. Don’t forget to ask your employer to match your charitable donation!
- Buy Rosemary Hills Spirit Wear.
- Choose Rosemary Hills Elementary School PTA as your charity on Amazon Smile.
- Cut or Scan Box Tops for Education.
- Register your Harris Teeter VIC card with our school account number: 6758
- Purchase Labels from Label Daddy at www.labeldaddy.com with code RHINO to label all of your student’s belongings.
Receive communications from the PTA
- MemberHub – join our online community for parents where you can communicate directly with your class, your whole grade, or the whole school! This will also serve as our online school directory.
- Facebook – join our private Facebook Group by searching Rosemary Hills Elementary PTA.
PTA in 2022-23
Through the generous contributions of families and local businesses, the PTA is able to contribute to greater student success, higher teacher morale, and more parent involvement at RHES. In 2022-23, we are planning to use PTA funds for:
- Teacher Instructional Support – We are providing each teacher a stipend to purchase learning materials for their classrooms.
- Fall Community Events – We are planning community events this fall, such as the Back-to-School Picnic, the Fall Festival and PTA Pumpkin Patch, our Thanksgiving Boxes Food Drive, the Rhino Run, PTA/KAH Parents’ and Kids’ Night Out, and more.
- Academic Enhancements and Initiatives – We are planning for after-school enrichment (and scholarships for those who need them), assemblies, and other academic initiatives.
- Indoor and Outdoor Recess Equipment – We plan to refresh the teachers’ indoor recess/free choice bins and keep up with outdoor recess equipment and storage needs.
- Restructuring the Outdoor Classroom – By (teacher) popular demand, we are planning to restructure the Outdoor Classroom into a more useable space for our Rhinos. It currently requires too much maintenance throughout the year, which has been a drain on the PTA’s annual budget.
- Staff Appreciation – We are supporting our school staff with Staff Appreciation events throughout the year, like quarterly full-staff luncheons, Staff Appreciation Week events, and more!
- Winter Community Events – We are planning to bring back Multicultural Night and a winter Movie Night. We also hope to support the school’s Math and Literacy Nights.
- Book Fair – We hope to again provide one free book to each RHES student and to fill our teachers’ classroom wish lists.
- School Beautification – We are planning landscaping events in the fall and spring to help our Building Services Staff.
- Community Outreach and Service – We hold donation drives throughout the year and provide grocery gift cards to RHES families in need each year at Thanksgiving.
- Spring Community Events – We are planning community events for the spring such as our annual Auction, Field Day, an End-of-the-Year Picnic, and hopefully more!
- 2nd Grade Advancement Activities – We plan to continue the service of providing transportation for all 2nd graders to visit our two secondary elementary schools in the spring: Chevy Chase Elementary and North Chevy Chase Elementary.
We are planning quarterly general meetings to provide parents with the most up to date information on PTA events/initiatives, new curricula, and other information throughout the year.