Support the PTA
Thank you so much for your interest in supporting the Rosemary Hills Elementary School PTA. The funds we raise are used to directly support our teachers and students throughout the year — and our ability to fundraise throughout the pandemic has been severely limited — so we are sincerely appreciative of any size donation, whether large or small.
Donate to the PTA
- If you are able, you can make a charitable donation to the PTA at any time using your credit card by clicking here.
- Alternatively, you can mail a check payable to Rosemary Hills Elementary School PTA to the PTA mailbox at schooI: 2111 Porter Rd., Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Rosemary Hills Elementary PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Charitable contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
- If your employer has a matching program, please ask them to match your donation!
- Buy Rosemary Hills Spirit Wear at in-person events or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we have in stock.
- Choose Rosemary Hills Elementary School PTA as your charity on Amazon Smile.
- Cut or Scan Box Tops for Education.
- Register your Harris Teeter VIC card with our school account number: 6758
- Purchase Labels from Label Daddy at www.labeldaddy.com with code RHINO to label all of your student’s belongings.
Through the generous contributions of families and local businesses, the PTA is able to contribute to greater student success, higher teacher morale, and more parent involvement at RHES. In 2022-23, we are planning to use PTA funds for:
- Teacher Instructional Support – We provide each teacher $250 as a stipend to purchase learning materials for their classrooms.
- Fall Community Events – We are planning community events this fall, such as the Back-to-School Picnic, the Fall Festival and PTA Pumpkin Patch, our Thanksgiving Boxes Food Drive, the Rhino Run, PTA/KAH Parents’ and Kids’ Night Out, and more.
- Academic Enhancements and Initiatives – We are planning for after-school enrichment (and scholarships for those who need them), assemblies, and other academic initiatives.
- Indoor and Outdoor Recess Equipment – We plan to refresh the teachers’ indoor recess/free choice bins and keep up with outdoor recess equipment and storage needs.
- Restructuring the Outdoor Classroom – By (teacher) popular demand, we are planning to restructure the Outdoor Classroom into a more useable space for our Rhinos. It currently requires too much maintenance throughout the year, which has been a drain on the PTA’s annual budget.
- Staff Appreciation – We are supporting our school staff with Staff Appreciation events throughout the year, like quarterly full-staff luncheons, Staff Appreciation Week events, holiday Spirit Wear gifts, and more!
- Winter Community Events – We are planning to bring back Multicultural Night and a winter Movie Night. We also hope to support the school’s Math and Literacy Nights.
- Book Fair – We hope to again provide one free book to each RHES student and to fill our teachers’ classroom wish lists.
- School Beautification – We are planning landscaping events in the fall and spring to help our Building Services Staff.
- Community Outreach and Service – We hold donation drives throughout the year and provide grocery gift cards to RHES families in need each year at Thanksgiving.
- Spring Community Events – We are planning community events for the spring such as our annual Auction, Field Day, an End-of-the-Year Picnic, and hopefully more!
- 2nd Grade Advancement Activities – We plan to continue the service of providing transportation for all 2nd graders to visit our two secondary elementary schools in the spring: Chevy Chase Elementary and North Chevy Chase Elementary.]
- And so much more!
The PTA helps wherever/whenever needed to the best of our ability. But none of what we do would be possible without the generosity of our donors and sweat equity of our volunteers. Thank you for supporting our students, teachers, and community.