Support the PTA
2021 Rhino Fund Giving Campaign
Help Our Rhinos Thrive!
The PTA is launching its annual giving campaign – The Rhino Fund – to raise funds that support activities and initiatives throughout the school year. Your support will contribute to greater student success, higher teacher morale, and more parent involvement at Rosemary Hills.
Your donation will directly support our teachers and RHES families. Each year, the PTA offers each teacher a $250 reimbursement for materials and supplies to support learning in the classroom. We also provide appreciation lunches and events to show our thanks to the RHES staff. At Thanksgiving, the PTA provides gift cards to families in need from our school.
Donations build community at RHES and help the PTA to:
- Clean up and landscape the outdoor classroom
- Sponsor school assemblies
- Give ‘Rosie the Rhino’ a new mascot costume
- Sponsor community events like the Rhino Run, Field Day, End of the Year Picnic, etc.
- Help facilitate 3rd grade orientation activities for our 2nd graders
- And so much more…
Some of the school’s Wishlist items for 2021 that we need your support to fund are:
- Indoor recess bins filled with LEGO and games for rainy days
- New sports equipment for the playground: balls, jump ropes, parachutes, soccer goals, etc.
- Additional tables for the courtyards for outdoor lunch
- Shade structures for the playground to make recess more enjoyable for our kids and teachers
Our goal for 2021 is to raise $20,000 with at least 20% participation of our school families.
Rhino Fund Giving Levels
We recognize these are incredibly challenging times for many families at Rosemary Hills, and any size donation is welcomed. Your tax deductible donation will be used to support the 2021-22 school year. PTA Membership is included with all Rhino Fund donations above $15.
As a contributing member, your $50 donation contributes to teacher appreciation activities.
As a supporting member, your $175 donation supports 1 school assembly.
As a sustaining member, your $250 donation sponsors classroom supplies for 1 teacher at RHES.
As Rosie the Rhino’s Hero, your $1,000 donation sponsors a brand new mascot costume.
***Double Your Impact***
Many employers will match charitable donations. Double your impact by asking your employer to match your donation.
How You Can Give:
- Check if your employer will match your donation. Some employer’s have a website like Benevity where you can directly donate to RHES PTA and your employer will match your donation.
- Online through our MemberHub Store.
- Mail a check to the school PTA mailbox and include the following attached form:
Rosemary Hills Elementary School
ATTN: PTA Treasurer – Rhino Fund
2111 Porter Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20910
We ask for your mailing address so that we can mail you a tax deductible receipt.
Thank you for supporting our school, our teachers, our students and our staff through your donation. Let’s all work together to help our little rhinos thrive!