If you need to enroll your child, call the school at 301-920-9990.
Welcome to Rosemary Hills!
On behalf of the Rosemary Hills Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), welcome to our school community. Kindergarten is a huge step in the life of a child. We look forward to welcoming your families and working together to make this a great school year for all of our little Rosemary Hills Rhinos!
What the PTA does:
- Provide all teachers with a yearly stipend for instructional materials beyond what MCPS provides. This is by far our most important initiative and our most significant budget item.
- Sponsor supplemental learning opportunities for students through assemblies and educational programs.
- Sponsor events throughout the year including school picnics, the Rhino Run, Multicultural Night, Movie Night, Field Day, the Book Fair, food drives, auction fundraisers, and much more!
- Facilitate after school enrichment classes offered at the school through Little Scholars.
- Organize teacher/staff appreciation events throughout the year, including welcome back bags, quarterly staff luncheons, Stock the Staff Lounge (through Room Parents), holiday treats, staff spirit wear, and Staff Appreciation Week events. Staff Appreciation is our second largest budget item, and yet we still wish we could do more to thank our wonderful teachers and staff for everything they do every day to make RHES such a rich learning environment for our children.
- Hold general PTA meetings throughout the year to offer extra learning opportunities for caregivers.
- Organize grade-level and class-level play dates for kids and families to meet each other outside of school.
How to support the PTA:
- Volunteer your time. Volunteering can range from one hour at an event up to serving on the Board, all are welcome! A sign up sheet will be available at Back to School Night, but don’t hesitate to email Katey Vale at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re ready to start right away. We need you!!
- Donate at the beginning of the year and participate in our annual Rhino Fund Campaign (in November/December) and online auction (in April/May). Funding goes directly to support our teachers and students. We cannot do any of what we do without the generosity of our community.
- Buy Rosemary Hills Spirit Wear at school-wide events or email email@example.com to see what we have in stock!
- Choose Rosemary Hills Elementary School PTA as your charity on Amazon Smile.
- Cut or Scan Box Tops for Education.
- Register your Harris Teeter VIC card with our school account number: 6758
- Purchase Labels from Label Daddy at www.labeldaddy.com with code RHINO to label all of your student’s belongings.
How to stay informed:
Be sure to sign up to receive communication from us:
- MemberHub – join our online community for parents where you can communicate directly with your class, your whole grade or the whole school! We will use this tool to send out weekly “Rhino Reminders” and all other PTA communications. This will also serve as our online school directory.
- Facebook – join our private Facebook Group by searching Rosemary Hills Elementary PTA.
Welcome to Rosemary Hills. We are so glad you’re here!
PTA President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Executive Vice President